<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/25783703?origin\x3dhttp://tripleclosure.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
white in the moon the long road lies

#

Monday, October 01, 2007


I feel happy, happy, happy.

And accomplished.

And tired.

Tired, not because I've been sitting idly by the computer of hours, staring at the glaring screen whilst fingers thundering away on the keyboard, talking in MSN convos.

Tired, not because I've spent yet another day sleeping the morning away, and waking up with a huge headache from not sleeping early enough the night before, and feeling sleepy all over again.

But tired, cause for the past few days, I've been working, working away, on the dozens of projects that have been waiting for my attention, that I chose to push to the back of my mind, caring only for the short-lived pleasure of my desires.

And I did it.

In a single weekend, I finished everything that I wanted, but never bothered, to do.

I did my Maths assignment on a Saturday.

A SATURDAY. This is a task, which I'd usually start doing the first 2 questions on Sunday morning, then rush it out at night before I sleep.

I did my bio assignment for 3 hours. I spent 1+half hour doing research, before taking out all my coloured pens and markers to decorate the drawing block with KINGDOM PROTISTA in big big letters, and then proceeding to colour the arrows in a rainbow sequence, then cutting off small slips of information to stick onto my block.

I worked on my literature project for 2 hours, selecting poems from the Internet and trying to figure out what W.H. Auden meant (even if he is long dead), then proceeding to tediously type out the interpretation of every single line, before adding in my general comments as well as reason for choosing the poems.

I spent a whole day doing my English project, sitting on the living room floor and choosing among the dozens of newspapers, my 3 articles, before doing my introduction, and summary and reflections for 2 articles.

I spent a whole night studying Bio. Granted, nothing really entered my head, cause I was kinda distracted by the radio. But hey, it's the thought that counts.

If I keep up the whole hardworking thing, I might just become a nerd soon enough.

But it's addictive.

It's so ironic, to think that failure induces success.

Maybe, if I wasn't so disappointed with my Chinese test results, which I worked my butt off to study for during lunch breaks and even sneaking in notes during Chem Class, i would never have found the motivation to strive harder.

Or maybe it's just, not being used to disappointment. Or failure, for that matter. It is, afterall, the first time that I had tried my best (or almost my best) for something, but not managing to do as well as I expected.

I dislike failure, especially the ones that I do not foresee. And the ones that I do not intend to fail, for that matter, as egoistic as that might sound.

I once privately promised myself, I would never, ever let myself down.



So I won't.

Starting 1st OCTOVER 2007, I swear I will work my butt off. Right up till the examinations. Then I'll play like siao and spend all my money and go crazy.

AND MY BIRTHDAY.
19TH DECEMBER.
19TH DECEMBER.
19TH DECEMBER.

Live it, love it.